Disney Cruise Line Special Needs Programs
Disney Cruise Line offers accessible staterooms and suites, equipped for Guests with disabilities. Features include:
All staterooms are non-smoking.
- Ramped bathroom thresholds
- Open bed frames
- Added phones in the bathroom/nightstand
- Bathroom and shower handrails
- Fold-down shower seats
- Hand-held shower heads
- Lowered towel and closet bars
- Emergency Call Buttons
Guests requiring a wheelchair throughout their cruise must make provisions for the use of that wheelchair prior to the cruise.
Other services for Disney Cruise Line Guests with Disabilities
- Transfer tiers are provided at one of the feature pools
- Sand wheelchairs are available at Castaway Cay
- Wheelchair accessible restrooms are available in the shipboard common areas.
- Assistive Listening Systems are available in the main theaters and show rooms.
- Closed captioning is available for stateroom televisions and selected onboard video monitors.
- American Sign Language interpretation is available for live performances on designated cruise dates.
- Stateroom Communication Kits containing door knock and phone alerts, phone amplifier, bed shaker notification, a strobe light smoke detector, and a Text Typewriter (TTY) are available.
Pregnancy and Infants
Women who have entered their 24th week of pregnancy oas of their embarkation date will be refused passage due to safety concerns. Neither a a physician's medical statement nor a waiver of liability will be accepted. In addition, Disney cannot be held liable for any complications relating to pregnancy at any stage. Infants under 12 weeks old will not be allowed to travel aboard Disney Cruise Line Ships.
Booking a Cruise for Passengers with a Disability
If you do indeed require special assistance on your cruise, please do not book your cruise online. Accessible cabins are not always shown online. Please call and speak to a CruiseCheap.com Cruise Expert and we will do our best to make sure your needs are taken care of before, during and after your cruise.